Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Osaka Castle & Pokemon Center Osaka


"OH FINALLY I GET TO SEE THE OSAKA CASTLE"
/strikes off in my bucketlist

Yeah, i've always wanted to visit the Osaka Castle because friends and relatives who went there already were like "omg please go, it's so beautiful and you'll like it!" - true enough hahaha 

Before heading to the castle, we went to have our breakfast/brunch at Matsuya! Omg I can't believe it's my first time having Matsuya despite being in Japan for the 3rd time (idk which hole have I been living in zzzz) I REALLY LOVE THE GYUDON W/ TAMAGO, LIKE SO DAMN GOOD & CHEAP?! This meal here costs less than S$5 omgasdfghjkl




Uh, random selfie of the day.

We took a train to Osakajokoen Station and walked to the castle (approx 15-20 mins walk) I finally get to see the beautiful autumn trees changing colours!!! :D 'Cos I realised there isn't much trees in the city area (meh)















After walking like forever...

BEHOLD THE BEAUTY OF THE OSAKA CASTLE






The i-don't-know-what-to-pose kinda pose (-_\)

Photography wasn't allowed inside the castle. Basically it's like a museum inside with ancient artifacts on display and you can learn more about the history of Osaka Castle. Photography was only allowed when you reach the top of the castle. 

Totally lovin' the gorgeous view!







There were many stalls selling small bites and ice cream just outside the castle. 
I heard the ice cream is really good though, but I didn't get to try it.







There was this carnival-like event going on and I was saving my stomach for the food there actually! 





The grilled beef on stick looks good and it was calling for me :'D M bought the Okonomiyaki that tastes like crap HAHAHA~ Or maybe we're just not fans of okomomiyaki LOL!




OH BUT MINE WAS REALLY YUMMY THOUGH :D
700yen (S$7.70) for this generous portion of medium-rare cooked beef > 值得!!!



#ootd in the park


We decided to make a trip down to the Pokemon Center since it was on the way :) It is located at Daimaru Umeda Store (level 13), which is connected to JR Osaka Station. Accessible much!

Time to revive my childhood!!! Is it just me or these new pokemons look... weird? :/











Sorry I think i'll just stick to my old school Charmander & Squirtle ;)



Pokemon Center Osaka
Daimaru Umeda Store 13F
3-1-1, Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, 530-8202
Nearest Train Station: JR Osaka Station
Opening hours: 10:00 - 20:00

No comments: