Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Lucky Owl Cafe Osaka フクロウカフェ


One day, I was doing a search on animal cafes because I realised recently there seem to be a trend of increasing cat/dog cafes opening in Singapore. I haven't been to any of these cafes here though! I felt that it's a little pointless for me as I already have my annoying little monster to pet at home (lol) and furthermore I'm kinda allergic to cat fur, so yeah :( Then I randomly saw 'owl cafe' while searching on google and from then onwards I was telling myself that I HAVE TO VISIT AN OWL CAFE ONE DAY /determined/ Like hey, how often do you get to pet an owl right?!! 

I decided to make my way to the Owl Cafe on the first day of my Osaka trip. It was located somewhere in Dotonbori, it's abit complicated to find but if you can read maps well then it shouldn't be much of a problem (btw i suck at map reading so badly, hence i can't tell you how to get there exactly. thank god there's M to lead the way /phew)

It's quite obvious from the outside as the signboard looks pretty huge. 
The cafe itself is located on the second floor.





All you have to pay is 1100yen (S$12+) for a drink of your choice from the beverages menu and you get to sit there for an hour to chit chat/interact with the owls. The staff will roughly brief you through the rules in the cafe (in Japanese) after you get seated, but it's simple enough to understand with the help of the illustrated instructions. Thank god there was a staff who happens to know English on the day we went, so he sat with us and ran through the rules again. Basically things like no flash photography and the selected owls that are we can't touch.


This is one of my favourite! ココちゃん :)







Oh then there's this really epic-emo-looking owl who LOVES to face the window. 





After idk-how-many attempts, I finally managed to take a decent photo :p



This fluffy sleepyhead looks like... dark clouds in the sky. HA!



Hello, nice big eyes you have there.





The staff was telling us most of the owls here are just a few months old (AND THEY ARE SO BIG ALREADY?!?!) Well, apparently this is the biggest they can grow, depending on it's breed of course. The lifespan of an owl usually varies from 10 years to >20 years if I didn't remember wrongly :O







Here's the 'do NOT touch' ones
... seems harmless huh?









Uh, me and bae after an argument.





A last photo before leaving Lucky Owl Cafe :)
Thank you for having us!



Oh and... don't freak out if you see the owls turning their heads around almost 360 degrees :P



Lucky Owl Cafe
中央区道頓堀1-3-12 松村ビル2F 
(1-3-12 Matsumura Bld 2F, Dotonbori, Chuoku, Osaka), Osaka-shi, Osaka, Japan
Nearest Train Station: Nipponbashi Station
Opening hours: 12:00 - 20:00

*for enquiries you can fb msg them in english*



No comments: