Sunday, April 14, 2013

Gold Coast Company Trip // Day 1 (part 1)


If you're following my instagram, you'd probably know that I just came back from Brisbane a couple of weeks ago. It was a company trip, so the flights & accommodation were covered :) yayyyy~ In fact, it's my second time there. I went there once when I was 12, but I couldn't remember much though :/

I'd say Gold Coast is a really beautiful place to visit, but make sure you bring enough $$$$ yeah.
Continue reading & you'll get what I mean. Ha!

We took a midnight Scoot flight, so we reached Brisbane in the morning. The entire flight journey took about 8 hours if I'm not wrong. So yes, please don't mind this 'super-cui-just-woke-up face' of mine here (^__^;) Hahaha I surprisingly managed to sleep like 4 hours though!!! 




I was MAD EXCITED about going to Dreamworld! HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO NOT LOVE THEMEPARKS?! Majority of my colleagues opted to visit Movie World, only the pathetic INVINCIBLE 4 bought the Dreamworld tickets (yes, me included) HAHA :P


I love the environment there. The lifestyle there is rather slow-paced, as compared to Singapore. You don't often see people rushing onn the streets, everyone seems to be like super chill yo.







Our apartment was located at Surfer's Paradise!


The main shopping area at Surfer's Paradise.





And yes! We were staying at Hi-Surf Apartments, located directly opposite the beach ;) Very accessible location, 5-10 mins walk to the main shopping area & about 30 mins drive from the airport. The 2-bedrooms apartment there can be shared between 4 people. If you are going with a group of friends, I would strongly recommend this place because it's VERY SPACIOUS, laundry facilities in each unit, fully equipped kitchen (mircrowave, oven, tableware, pots n pans), accessible & most importantly the accommodation fees are pretty reasonable!

The only bad thing is that, every apartment is DIFFERENT. If you're lucky, you can get a very nice condo-style unit. But if you're not-so-lucky, then it's like those typical HDB-style (or even more jialat). Oh and! Most units doesn't have air-con, but then again... see you heng or suay lor =__=

Okay, this is one example of the unit!








So far looks not bad right? But wait till you see this...

*awkward silence* okay, this blanket design.... seriously?  (x__x)


Magnificent view from the room! (*__*) Even without air-con, the sea breeze was cool enough. 




Very spacious living room! OH & I LOVE THE SUPER COMFY SOFA :D


Balcony outside. Windy enough to blow you away #kjoke.


Fully equipped kitchen.


At first, this toilet actually looks totally alright to me UNTIL I visited another unit. The other toilet there was all baby pink/white/gold, floral & victorian style. Walaoeh totally makes this toilet look like those Pasir Ris/Changi chalet type pls (T___T)


After unpacking our stuff & settling down...
IT'S THEMEPARK TIME!!!! 

We took a public bus to Dreamworld from a bus stop near our apartment area, the whole journey took about 30-45 mins. And oh my tiannnn the one-trip bus fare actually costed me AUD8.50 (S$11) (O__o) wtfsmlj?!?!?! K, I shall not complain about the transport fares here in SG anymore.






My first meal in Gold Coast. This nugget+fries+donut+drink set meal costed AUD14.50. Yes, pretty expensive but I must say the nugget was quite yummy & OMG NOT FORGETTING MY FAV KRISPY KREME GLAZED DONUT (*__*)








The weather was quite sunny, so we decided to get all WETTTT first ;)



Quite similar like the SG USS Jurassic Park ride, except without the last 'super wet' part hahaha!

GO KELLY!!! AHAHA ~


Still looking super dry please :p Haha!

Next ride > THE GIANT DROP
okay i swear, this ride is damn fucking sick.




This thing here actually consist of 2 rides. The straight one is 'The Giant Drop' & the curved track at the side is 'The Tower Of Terror II' (I'll come to that part later on). This is the very first vertical free-fall ride I've taken in my life. It's about 39 storeys/120m high D: 

I seriously don't know what's on my mind back then. At first I was so friggin' excited, I didn't even have any second thoughts about going up for the ride and nothing was holding me back at all #sonotmag. But as the thing went up, I started to feel like "OKAY WAIT WHY THE FUCK AM I HERE?!?!" Hahahaha! The drop was fuuuyoohhh~~~~ I tried screaming but nothing came out, felt totally mind-blasted. Anyway, the view up there was really nice though ;) 

Right, after that we queued for Tower Of Terror II!





I have to say, the entrance really looks very disturbing -__-





Basically what happens in this ride is that the car would be inside the tunnel (first pic) and suddenly, it would blast backwards up the curved track at the speed of 161km/h then drop down. The backward blast was seriously sooooo FAST! I think the whole ride lasted for less than 10 seconds like "OMG what just happened ah?!". Not scary but I felt this very strong adrenaline rush after playing haha!



This photo somehow feels like Disneyland~



WHO REMEMBERS THIS?!?!! I remember this was one of my favourite game in the arcade when I was very very young! :D :D :D








This Moto Coaster ride is surprisingly very fun! I wouldn't mind going for 2nd & 3rd round haha :)


IDK WHY BUT THIS TOTALLY REMINDS ME OF CANDY CRUSH.


... to be continued
Gold Coast Company Trip // Day 1 (part 2)

No comments: