Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Short Getaway @ Bintan Nirwana Gardens - // Day 1 //



Hello all! I've filtered all my travel posts here for easy browsing :) Well, not a lot though but hmm hopefully more to come! YES, HOPEFULLY...and there goes all my savings.

Anyway! I went for a short 3D2N getaway at Bintan around this period last month to celebrate M's birthday :) Okay, not really to 'celebrate' because obviously there's nothing much to do there hahaha! It's more like a short trip to forget about all the work related stuff & just chill, relax & enjoy. 

// Day 1 //

On the ferry to Bintan!

I've been to Bintan once and that was like TEN YEARS AGO OR SO. Couldn't remember much though. I only remembered staying in this huge villa at Bintan Lagoon Resort, tried to drive the buggy and ended up banging into a bush -__- (wtf)

Booked a room at Nirwana Gardens Resort for this trip. The rate per night is slightly cheaper than Bintan Lagoon, not a very big difference though. But since I've been to Bintan Lagoon before, it's time to try somewhere new ;D

It's pretty easy to travel there from Singapore, not much of a hassle! It's just an hour ferry ride from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal. When we reached Bintan Ferry Terminal, the terminal staff asked which resort we are gonna stay at. Told him we're going to Nirwana resort & he said there's free shuttle bus service there!!! \(*__*)/ YESSSAH! I initially thought we have to like cab there or smth, phew!


You can totally forget about changing your money to Rupiah because everything there is listed in SGD. YES, EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE. WTF (O__O) They still accept rupiah but the price wouldn't be stated on the item/product itself, hafta ask. I seriously felt as if I was still in Singapore, like just another island further away from Sentosa LOLOLOL~


A lot of people was standing outside the Ferry Terminal distributing flyers. All kinds of flyers also have!!! Seafood, zi char, spa & massage, medi/pedi, hair salon, fun activities... aiya all sorts of things la. The bus ride to our resort was quite fast, around 10-20 mins.

After a quick check-in, we headed to our room & I was like "OMG OKAY WOW". 'Cos I booked the cheapest type of room there (Superior Double) but didn't expected it to be so nice & spacious!

Okay this is the picture from the booking web.



and what I see is this....



HUGE DIFFERENCE CAN?! THANK GOD IT WAS LIKE THIS & NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND HAHAHA! Apparently I think it was renovated not long ago because there's some sort of 'new room woody smell'.

Looks really beautiful when the lights are on.
Outside view from the room.

I would suggest you to do some groceries shopping at the supermarket before going to the Ferry Terminal, because the snacks there ain't cheap. It's like S$4.50+ for a typical Myojo instant noodles (x__x) Walao even my jap instant noodles from Fairprice isn't that ex!!! 

Nua in the room for awhile (it's too comfortable), explored some parts of the resort & took a private bus (S$5 round trip/pax) to Pasar Oleh Oleh for dinner. This place was outside of the Nirwana Resort & hence the transportation fee. Otherwise there is a free shuttle bus that takes you around the whole of Nirwana Gardens. At first I still thought this Oleh Oleh place is quite happening, but it ended up like a super ulu place with not many people -__- Only 2 restaurants, a few souvenir shops & convenience store. So we just settled at this random restaurant for dinner. 


M ordered this plate of satay to share & WOAH IT'S SOOOOO FRIGGIN' YUMMMY!!! Seriously one of the best satay I've eaten so far.

Fried Calamari
 
Typical Mee Goreng.
(Just happen to have cravings for this hahaha)
M's Fried Noodles.
After dinner, we took the bus back to our resort. Saw these HUGE Iguanas while we were walking back to our room.



I think they are quite cute! I don't mind having one as my pet hahahaha :D 
okay i know i'm just weirddddd.


Busy birthday boy checking on his FB wall posts while I camwhore alone ;(

M & M :)

Okay I'll continue writing  // Day 2 //  tomorrow, if not I'm gonna be late for work!!!

xx

No comments: